Monday, December 11, 2017

LIFE WITH MOM The Move

Life With Mom; The Move

The last time I googled Mother/Daughter relationships there were 2,840,000 results; that’s a LOT of women looking for answers!

Whether you love spending time with your mom or do everything in your power to stay away from your mom, mother/daughter relationships create both positive and negative energy. 
Among the many things that can make unfulfilling mother/daughter relationships are drama, resentment, abuse, abandonment, trauma, neglect, feeling trapped, anger…

Unfulfilling relationships with your mother can be the cause of low self-esteem, low self-worth, low self-confidence, low self-image and a lack of self-love. 

I know this to be true because most of my childhood was spent attempting to avoid my mother and most of my adult life was spent trying to understand her parenting choices while working to get past the mental, emotional and physical abuse that escalated to sexual abuse by the age of 12. 

I never went so far as to stop speaking to her but the fact that she lived in Ohio and I live in California made it easy to avoid my mother until I had a life changing event that brought her back into my life!

But this isn’t about how my mom and I healed our relationship, this is about my choice to move from sunny southern California to Ohio and “Life With Mom”!  My mom and I talk on the phone at least once a day and it was becoming more and more apparent to me that my mom and her husband could use my help.  We talked about them moving to   California but they have a home, friends, commitments, and roots in Ohio.

I work from home and work with clients via the internet, but how could I leave my life in California?  That was the million-dollar question on my mind; I did a lot of meditating and asked the Universe to give me a sign, so I’d know what to do.  I got my first sign, and immediately asked for another sign (after all, this was a BIG decision!).  The Universe answered my request with another sign that Ohio was in my future, so I stopped resisting and prepared for the move.
When you are in true alignment with the Universe, everything seems effortless.  I left the sunny beaches of California and have already experienced my first light snowfall.  Now that the move is over, I am settling into “Life With Mom”.  This is our opportunity to pick up where we left off when I published my book about mother daughter relationships.

“Life With Mom” includes doctor appointments, health issues, home maintenance, dietary needs, errands, and the joy of learning who we are as individuals and who we are as mother and daughter all these many years later, now that we’ve learned how to heal the child within!
If you want to read more about how I was able to heal my inner child and why my mom asked me to teach her how she could do the same, CLICK HERE or visit amazon.com and look for HEALING THE CHILD WITHIN Life Is All About Choices.

Once a woman understands she holds the power to create fulfilling relationships, rather than believing she must endure the toxic relationships that have been a part of her life, it becomes clear that her failed relationship was simply an illusion!

Nancy Mueller ~ Life Empowerment Sensei





No comments:

Post a Comment